Sprache

Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017

Day 58: Laguna Esmeralda

Today I only wanted to go for a short hike. If you don't have a car you're reliant on shuttle buses. The plan was to take the bus as 10:00 a.m. go for a hike and take the first bus back at 03:00 p.m. Their answer was: "Sorry, you're the only one, maybe later." Wait, what? Ok, so 10:00 a.m. turned to 11:00 a.m. Shortly before 11:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. turned 11:30a.m. or 12:00 a.m. After some more hickups I finally boarded a bus full of people, young Israelis... What a raucous group, just what I needed on my hike. But why are there so many of them? Is there a convention in town?

Anyhow, as we arrive I flee the bus. This usually isn't my style. I really don't want this gang anywhere near me on the trail. I'll not see a single animal. Also I'll be able to have to lake to myself for a while (I really have no clue how I got that idea? In hindsight completely ludicrous.)


At first glance the trail seems adventurous but well marked. Can you find the marker?
Almost as well hidden as the marker is a pair of birds. However, they are not close enough together to fit on the picture. That's what I call camouflage...


I had no idea that there are beavers in this area but it sure looks like it... Or should this be done by humans?

 `
After a quick game of "Search the trail in the high moor I finally arrived at the lake. With a little luck I'd be almost alone, cough...


What can I say? Tons of Israelis!!! At least a 100 or so... At least it felt like that. What's going on here? I've got to find out, later.
Making a short break at the lake I receive a visit from this colorful opportunist. He almost took a piece of cookie from my hand. Only a small falcon? seemed to throw him off. Or it was one of the two wild dogs running around trying to scrounge food off the tourists.


Because I had time to spare I walked further back along the valley to get a view of the lake from above.


As I came back most of the people were gone. So I asked two Israelis what was going on. I already knew that some of them went on a 8 month journey after their compulsory service in the military. In New Zealand I already met a couple of them. That was fun. And really, all of them fresh out of the military! Harmless and friendly if encountered single. In a group, however, loud, almost rude and very taxing... Probably just the way I was after my time in the Army. Two others then explained to me that they call it "The Wave". In December the wave washes from Argentina up to Mexico and 6 months later the next wave of new "rejects" washes down from Mexico to Argentina. Most of them travel to South America as it is cheaper than New Zealand or Australia.


P.S.: Concerning cash. At the national bank of Argentina, Banco Nacional de Argentina, you can withdraw $3000.-! I've edited the post about the money, including timestamp and all...

P.P.S.: Tomorrow I'm on the way to El Calafate, this means no new blog entries for a little while.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen