Sprache

Freitag, 8. Dezember 2017

Day 54: On the way to Ushuaia

Yesterday afternoon ich got on to the bus back to Buenos Aires. Just in time before it began to pour down.
After a little while the bus stopped in the middle of nowhere. Hm, I wonder what's going on? Shortly after an older man in a brown uniform is standing in front of me and asking me a question (at that time there are about 5 passengers on board, 4 downstairs and I upstairs). I guess he wants to know where I'm going. I answer "Buenos Aires..." Another question. I take it he wants to know where I'm from. I say "Alemania". He smiles and seems to be content with my answers. He whishes me a good trip and leaves the bus. Off we go again. That night I don't sleep as well as on the way to Iguazu. Towards 6 a.m. I wake up. The bus has stopped again and somebody is walking around inside the bus. I take a look and there is a slender woman in a brown outfit looking at the passengers and the bags. However, she's not asking any questions and after 5min we're off again.
I don't know how late it is, sometime between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. The bus has stopped at a checkpoint and once more officers are boarding the bus. This time more passengers are checked, even their documents. I really have to ask somebody from here what this is all about.
In Buenos Aires we towards Retiro station on another route because the highway is completely blocked. We're passing a wild part of town.
After reaching the bus station I go searching for a cab. I can see a number of cabs and walk towards them. However they all seem to be on a break. On all exits there are people standing in line waiting for a cab. This doesn't seem to bother the cabbies. As I walk by the cab drivers with my backpacks and my bag one of them asks me where I wanted to go. I say to Jorge Newbery airport. He's looking at his colleagues asking who wants to drive. Quickly a willing driver is found and off we go. Passt all the other people waiting... Sometimes you just get lucky.
First we talk a litttle about the traffic chaos in Buenos Aires. Then we cross a highway bridge and come passt the strange quarter again. He tells me that this is Villa 31 (check wikipedia).


Villa 31 is a quarter where the poor build their own houses. Already as I passed the first time I took note of the wild and unconventional building style. Also drugs are big here. But the city seems to upgrade the quarter a litte. On the next picture in the middle there are workers going about building public areas.


Then we drive by Rio de la Plata and the driver tells me that the river is only 3m deep! And then we're already at the airport and I go looking for the check-in counter.
The initially cheap price for my flight is then spoiled as I find out that only 15kg of luggage are included. $540 later the problem is solved. The security checks they don't care about liquids at all. Unfortunately I've forgotten that my tiny knife is still on my keychain :-| Another one lost...


After 3.5h flight we land in Ushuaia around 07:20 p.m. Yesterday, 32 degrees in the shade and now only 7 degrees and there is snow on the mountain sides around the town.


This should have been a picture showing a sunset but the camera in my smartphone bungled it... There will be better pictures. Also it gets darker much later here (54.48 degrees south) around 10:00 p.m. The last few days (22.65 degrees south) the light was out around 07:00 p.m. :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen