Sprache

Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2017

Day 52: Capitán Calzoncillos

Today was a classic touri day. Getting up late, learning some Spanish and checking out the sounds in the surroundings...


The loudest animals around are cicadas. This speciment is about 5cm from nose to wing tip.

Afterwards an "Adventure Tour"... Hmmmm, lets see what they mean by that. On my itinerary it states jungle tour, flying fox (that's what it's called in Germany, zip-line may be better?) and rappeling... Ok, lets see... On to the back of a truck and off we are towards the jungle. Already the roads here are an adventure. But that can't stop a health fanatic to get on his bike for a short spin!


It took me 5min to get the dust out of my ears. This picture really doesn't do it justice. There was much more dust. He'll get a black lung!!!
Whatever, we started out with our tour through the jungle... Boy that was boring. There are more things happening in my parents back yard, no sh... So no pictures of that, well, I could have taken pictures of a tree or a hole in the ground, then again...
Well, hopefully the flying fox is more fun? Ok, you just can't expect German safety standards here otherwise you'd be lying in a fetal position in your room and that's that.


That thing was swaying... For my that was the most hair raising part, the flying fox was fun as always but no match for the ones in the Black Forest. They are way better.
The only thing left after was the rappeling. I only understood a small part of what our guide told us. He said he'd repeat everything in English but that clearly wasn't the case. Now came the part that wasn't mentioned in my booking or on the way over...


Well, basically, they pulled us through a waterfall on a rope :-D Good thing I'd given my glasses to the guide before that. Otherwise they'd be gone for sure.
After a little more than three hours I was back at the hotel and wet as can be. Now quickly back to the room, taking the shoes of in front of the door, into the room and out of my clothes. Puh, quickly back out to turn over my shoes and "clack"... Wait, "clack"? These electronic locks are great... So what's the take away here? Always make sure you wear clean underwear. Ok, my undies are wet but clean and black. Could be swimming trunks. Back to reception for another access card. Good thing the hotel is almost empty, could have been more embarrasing...



Why do I have to think about Capitán Calzoncillos all of a sudden?









Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen