Sprache

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018

Month 8: Cartagena

Of late there wasn't really much to tell you about so here's a short update.

As you may remember, I wanted to go to a beach and do nothing. So I asked a guy from Colombia where to go and said: "Santa Marta". So on June 6th I boarded a plane in Cusco and flew directly to Santa Marta in Colombia.

Santa Marta is the oldest city of Colombia and has nothing to offer, really. I think this sums it up pretty well.

So I had to book a day trip to get to a beach, Playa Cristal in Tayrona National Park.


Ok, that was a great day. However, I wanted to have two weeks of this...

And finally, finally it's really warm, 32 degrees and about 80% rH and I'm not cold any more!

So once more I boarded a bus and moved on to Cartagena de Indias. I was so fascinated by this city ever since I saw "Romancing the stone". So I went out looking for the places from the movie and found nothing!?
Well, the story plays in Cartagena but was filmed in Veracruz, Mexico o_O
Ok, I could have known that but I was in the movie so it has to be right... Please, don't say it...

Also, there's no beach in Cartagena. Here also you have to book day trips to the beaches :|

Here are some impressions from the city. The watch tower with its four watches. All of them showing a different time... This used to be the only gate into the city.


The buildings are in remarkable condition. Buildings with wooden balconies where built before 1800 and the ones with concrete balconies after 1800.


In the center you mainly find souvenir shops and US American tourists. The backpackers can be found in Getsemani. The influence of the tourists causes the prices to be rather high.



In the background you can see Bocagrande, that's where all the gib hotels are.


Except for the city and the city wall there is also fortress San Felipe to look at. However, that's it for the city. So if you ever come here, 2-3 days are sufficient.



And because of this I'm moving on to Medellin to ask Andrés why he sent me to Santa Marta... It can't have been because of the beach because there was the marina on one side and a container terminal on the other.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen