Sprache

Freitag, 13. Oktober 2017

Not long now...

Olis Log, Stardate -305217.66371765605 (or so),

Not long now, the big day is approaching and I'm chicken... full of joyful expectation.

Just to be clear, this is not intended as a direct translation of what I write in German. This is purely to improve readability and due the fact that I whole-heartedly disagree with the results of Google Translate. I tried with my old blog and the results were, well, not acceptable for me.

I've been without work for 6 weeks, no, that's not correct... Without work, no, setting the table, clearing the dishes, putting lawn checker bricks into the carport... Let's agree that I've been "not looking for payed work".

I can't say that I'd be missing something. I'm recuperating slowely but steadily and finally im starting to relax.

At this point I'd like to thank all of you again who helped me with my move, went out to breakfast with me or to the aqua park and so on.

Despite everything, I am who I am and under pressure I'm working best. Meaning that I finally packed my backpacks today.

I placed everything on my bed in the basement and checked according to the packaging list (https://www.back-packer.org/de/packliste-sudamerika-langzeitreisen/) Wow, and all this is to go into the backpacks...


Let's see, first let's sort everything in bags...


Hmmmm, maybe I'll manage after all. Also, I packed a few extra things, cough, because I don't know myself where I'll end up.


Well there you go, everything packed. However, the packs are full... And now for the quiz question: "What have I forgotten to pack?" Anyone, anyone?

Correct, my toilet bag! Shoot, well, backpacks are full and personal hygiene is overrated anyhow ;-)

Noooo, of course I do have room for toiletries. But let's be honest, that's a lot of stuff and eventually some of it has to go over board or I'll have to get rid of it somehow. The big pack now weighs ~31 pounds, the small one about 8 pounds. Well, maybe I can get rid of some things before I leave... Right, that was a good one...

I'm curious wether the sunsets on my trip will be as good as the ones here at home?


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen